Old September 2nd 19, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default 28 mph e-bikes

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 8:55:07 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
The problem isn't e-bikers going 28mph. It's *anyone* going 28mph in a real city. I think 20mph inside city limits (under pain of death) is plenty fast enough where there are humans and other living things present.

Really, not even on a big wheel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BirBFFQXdS4 That's an arterial in my neighborhood. My top speed on that was 51 mph on a road bike -- no leathers or body armor (no road construction, either). Most cyclists skip that hill and go down via the cemetery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUXgvgWIURY&t=253s You do have to watch your speed there because of all the walkers and other cyclists -- and tractors and leaves. Fixie dope version 2.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_jDIuRBEP0&t=104s start at 2:00. What's the life expectancy for a rear tire on a dope bike like that. A day?

-- Jay Beattie.