Old December 19th 03, 04:11 PM
Call me Bob

Default Make this your New Year resolution...

On 19 Dec 2003 04:52:31 -0800, (Howard)
wrote:

'Where I see the interests of cyclists being ignored by central
government, local authorities or others, or cyclists unfairly vilified
in the press, I will take the time to stand up for my own and other
cyclists interests by at least writing to object.'

That't it, if every cyclist did this only 3 or 4 times a year we just
might have a chance of getting more attention paid to cyclists needs.

As pessimistic and cynical as it might sound, I genuinely believe that
this will only result in you wasting your own time.

Our Government doesn't care about public opinion, our Local
Authorities care even less.

If you happen to have the resources required buy the time and
influence of a few MPs with some fat directorships or campaign
donations then you may well make a difference. If not, then you could
probably achieve just as much by banging your head against a brick
wall.

I think the best bet is to support the CTC with an annual membership
and then just enjoy your cycling the best you can.

Life is richer when you have as little involvement with career
politicians as possible. Ignore them and their attempts to interfere
in your life - resistance is not futile, but letter writing is
--

"Bob"

Email address is spamtrapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.