Old April 7th 21, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Safety inflation

On 4/7/2021 12:58 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:

snip

I like my backup camera. Is it safer? I don't know but it prevents unnecessary damage and you can see more than looking over your shoulder and the use of only mirrors. Navagation is in practice definiately safer compared to looking at a paper map or cue card when driving alone. Phone use should be banned in a car. All the assist aids can make people lazy but they make it safer for some people. I turned of most of them in my care.

Agreed. A backup camera usually has a very wide angle lens so you can
see people on the sidewalk or in the parking lot even when adjacent
vehicles block your view from the driver's seat. When I replaced the
radio/CD/cassette player in my 2001 Toyota SUV with a double-DIN head
unit it had an input for a backup camera. A camera that attached to the
license plate bolts was $20 (plus a couple of hours of work running the
video cable).