Old July 6th 04, 07:09 PM
cityjen

Default Any female cyclists out there?

Hi all -

As a relatively new cyclist, I recently joined this group and am finding it
very useful. I'm based in London, and often ride with my 16-month-old
daughter - she loves being on the back of the bike in the child's seat!.

I'm having a great time cycling and as such, I am trying to get more women
cyclists on the road - judging from my travels and conversations with other
women, we seem to be in a bit of a minority. I'm hoping some of you might
help me spread the word to ladies in and around London who might be
interested in cycling but may not know how to get started, are convinced
it's not safe, want to meet other female cyclists, etc..

I just set up an informal e-group called Cycling Sisters (details, below).
If you know someone who might be interested, please pass along the info.

Also, if you've got any upcoming rides - for both genders - that start in
and around London, please feel free to let me know and I'll help you spread
the word. I'm at .

---
Cycling Sisters is a place for women throughout greater London to discuss
all aspects of two-wheeled transport in and around the capital city. Whether
you're interested in cycling for fun, fitness, or transportation (or all
three), join us. Here, you'll find out about upcoming cycle rides, learn
about riding with or without kids, discuss all things cycle-related
(including safety and maintenance), and meet other female cyclists - all
within a friendly, atmosphere.

Subscribe:

---

Cheers,