Old January 23rd 19, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Wider tires, All-road bikes

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:12:05 -0800, jbeattie wrote:

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 8:17:12 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Here's Jan Heine's latest on wide tire road bikes, or "All-Road Bikes."

https://janheine.wordpress.com/

I guess that link takes you to the most recent edition of his blog, so
when this post gets old you'll probably have to scan downwards.

- Frank Krygowski

This is one-step removed from the tweed ride. Look at these guys (from
Jan's site):
https://janheine.files.wordpress.com...paceline1.jpg?

w=640&h=518

WTF is the deal with handlebar bags these days? One water bottle and a
canvas handlebar bag?

well over here, that must be a jaunt to the shops.

I passed a guy riding into work today who had some uber fat Jan
Heine/Grant Petersen approved retro bike with canvas bags and fat tires,
steel frame -- all new. Who the hell needs 45mm tires and a bunch of
canvas bags (in a wet climate no less) to ride to work?

Shopping on the way home. My bicycle is utlitarian.

I ride gravel roads all the time on 25/28mm tires -- and even some
single track. No special bike,

We all did back then, before marketing started driving the local bike
shop. Lol, wanky racers in their lycra for a start. VBG

Everything from the past was not better. It wasn't. Sorry. I am from the
past and can say that with reasonable certainty.

Sturney Archer 3 speed hubs are still great, reliable and uncomplicated.