Old December 2nd 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default About indoor training

On Dec 1, 11:55 am, webhead wrote:

So, how do you people manage?

I live somewhere that you can ride all year, if not every day all
year.

Other people, who live elsewhere? I hear that some of them turn the
lights off.

But seriously, I went to a Spin class the other day and the leader
(who you couldn't hear over the loud, distorted music) (I mean
understand, you could hear her just fine and you probably could have
heard her just fine *without* the microphone) turned down the lights
when it was effort time.

Completely screwed.

Fixed gear bike, some old thing that is expendable, old chains, cheap
cogs and old chainrings, etc. etc. Cleaning optional. That's the way
we did it in the Old Country (GFN).

Do other things. Hike, swim. Stair climbing is great for conditioning
if it doesn't tear you up.

Or find Spin classes where they leave the lights on and don't scream
through blaring speakers.

I'm gonna get an SPL meter this winter, I swear. --D-y