Old March 14th 19, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default The death of rim brakes?

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:22:10 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 3/14/2019 3:39 PM, James wrote:
On 14/3/19 3:54 pm, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I read something to that effect the other day. Some sort of
environmentalist site I think. I wonder what the tree
huggers do when
a cougar eats their pet dog :-)

I think that is acceptable because ... nature.

I'm not against environmental issues at all, just those
who propose
some "solution" without any thought at all. People that
protest fox
hunting while eating a McDonalds hamburger, for instance :-)

There was something similar I read a little while back,
about a Queensland politician who was photographed next to a
pile of dead feral pigs. Apparently it is an annual event,
to go shoot a heap of feral pigs, where he is from. Some
city greens got all up tight about it and proposed that the
pigs should be rounded up and sent to a pasture of their own
somewhere. I think they were being serious. Made it all
the more laughable.

This is why we can't have satire now.

Our government in its wisdom is airdropping immigrant
(Canadian) wolves into Isle Royale National Park to decrease
the overpopulated elk/moose. Suggestions for a high-ticket
hunt were rejected despite great interest.

Being eaten alive by wolves is so much more humane...

Doesn't one require a sleigh and a troika for that?

--
Cheers,
John B.