Tosspot[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Habanero Ti

On 19/03/17 09:00, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:53:21 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/18/2017 3:45 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 2:18:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:

At the age of that bike you probably won't have any worries but many ti bikes are built with improper welds that will crack. I said this to people several times and they have told me I'm FOS.

But two years ago one of our fast riders showed up with a Linskey and I told him about that and the whole group made a joke of me on the entire ride.

The following week I pointed out a crack on his downtube. Luckily with a new bike he could get a replacement frame.

So you are saying Lynskey, and Litespeed back when Lynskey started the company, don't know how to weld titanium? I have a Litespeed Tuscany, made before Lynskey sold the company, and I have not noticed any cracks or defects. But then I don't inspect the frame with a magnifying glass before and after every ride. I just ride the bike, and it rides fine every time. Many, many thousands of miles on the frame. Can't say whether your story is true or not. But I suspect every manufacturer has a defect every once in awhile. Even Rolls Royces and Rolexes need warranty work once in awhile. Its not like an anvil, where essentially nothing can break.

But someday, when we have carbon fiber anvils...

:-) Actually anvils do break from time to time :-) Almost any
blacksmithing group will have some wild stories about repairing anvils
:-)

You can repair anvils!? I'd have left it out back and waited for a
meteorite strike...

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home