Old September 7th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Let the Laughing Begin

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 9:04:25 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

"The potential collective intelligence of a human group is
exponentially proportional to group size, however in practice the
actual collective intelligence that is achieved by a group is
inversely proportional to group size. There is a huge delta between
potential collective intelligence and actual collective intelligence
in practice. In other words, when it comes to collective intelligence,
the whole has the potential to be smarter than the sum of its parts,
but in practice it is usually dumber."

This is the social media and most especially where it pertains to "man-made global warming". I perused the "climate change forums" yesterday and they weren't in even the wildest imagination a forum. They were ALL repetitions of falsified theories treated as if they were from intellectually gifted individuals. Most of these sites would not even allow any contradictory evidence.

Turn on the TV - we now have "the worst hurricane EVER on record in the Carribean" - the "record" is only about 60 years long. But they're very careful not to say that.