Old November 22nd 07, 01:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Sore Elbows

Bleve wrote:
On Nov 21, 2:37 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
Over the last few weeks, every time I go out for
an extended ride (around 1 1/2 hours or more) I've
been getting some elbow joint pain in both elbows.
There is a general ache and resistance to movement
on the inside of the joint (not sure of the technical
term here - if I put my arm out in front of me with
the palm up, the soreness is on the opposite side
to my thumb).

I've not changed bikes or bike set-up or anything about
my riding really (except maybe doing a bit more now the
weather has improved).

I don't have any other problems on the bike except
I get a bit sore at the base of my neck on longer
rides (3 hours or more).

Any tips about what might cause elbowitis? I've not
been forced to take anti-inflammatories yet but might
consider it if it gets worse.

Maybe I just need to get younger.

the increase in mileage could be it. Maybe look at bringing your bars
a touch closer? It's nigh-on impossible to diagnose fit issues
remotely

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Thanks Bleve and I agree - fixing fit problems virtually is,
um, virtually impossible. I just thought someone might have
experienced a similar emergence of a this problem (as it appears
Zeebee may have).

I should add that I have a bit soreness now most of the time but
it gets worse when I ride.