Old October 8th 18, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Nice. There's another difference. He had
years of experience, while you seem to be
limiting yourself to what you can learn from
a garage full of old bicycles and parts.

Is it that obvious? *blushes*

But actually, I work every night several hours
to elevate my game and take it to the next
level! I'll post a couple of photos tomorrow,
God willing.

That works, to a point, but I think you will
do much better either working for someone
else in order to learn the trade

That'd be nice but

1) there is absolutely no money in this;

2) I love to work at night, I'm an owl from my
programming days, I peak at ~03:00/3:00 AM;

3) tho I love bikes, I love to repair one per
day or so, not 10 or God knows how many they
do in an 8h work day; and

4) I'm a perfectionist. When I repair a bike,
I aim for 100% perfection. And sometimes
I get close! What I don't care for is when
people come with a dirty bike, with the hand
brake broke, the saddle has a hole in it,
but they only want to have the flat tire
fixed. Then I say, "I'll fix your ENTIRE
bike, OK?" Sometimes they accept this and
are very pleased by the result - without
boasting - but most often they take it to
a professional shop which is fine by me.

So no, I'm not going pro on this, ever.

or working on a better class of bicycle.

Now I have two such bikes myself, one
Scott Scale 960 alu-MTB, one
Merckx emx-1 carbon racer, so I have some
understanding.

But people who own such bikes don't come to the
organization and for help. They have money.
Unless they are bums and the stuff is stolen.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573