Old May 2nd 14, 10:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Another idiot mountain biker!

There are 1.54 incidents per thousand exposures in the UK
(according to the BMJ). There are billions of stars in the sky.

Therefore, QED, you are ... yet again ... provably wrong.

I am waiting for you to post some hiking/camping deaths so I
can explain them to you - something that you are unable to do with biking
accidents on trails.

Ah, more diversion once you, yet again, lose.

Well, if you really have nothing better to do be my guest and work your way down the Lake District Mountain Rescue Report for 2013. You will find that they have saved you the trouble by largely detailing what went wrong; falls, injuries, inadequate equipment/clothing, exhaustion, getting stuck etc etc. Be my guest and knock yourself out. (https://www.ldsamra.org.uk/publicdoc...documentid=299)

I don't know what you intend to 'explain' though nor what you suggest I explain to you. Mountainbikers, like hikers, make mistakes which result in injury, go to places from which they can't then easily extricate themselves, accidentally walk/ride over sharp drops, suffer from other medical conditions which are exacerbated by exercise etc etc. As I've said, repeatedly, there is no such thing as a totally 'safe' activity ... not mountainbiking and not hiking either.