Old January 6th 12, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
roger merriman

Default Road rage bus driver faces jail for swerving in to cyclist

Nick wrote:

On 06/01/2012 11:23, NM wrote:

Only the poor use buses and only the poor use cycles so I see no
reason to become concerned.

Yep historically this used to be the case and I guess is the reason we
have laws that give so much favouritism to car drivers. However now cars
are so cheap that any pikey can have one and there is no reason for the
law to afford them the same respect that it once did for toff motorists.

Additionally (particularly around the city of London) we have seen the
rise of a new generation of affluent cyclist who are unwilling to doff
their caps to what they see as unreasonable laws (red lights, pavement
cycling etc).

certinaly london cycling clubs tend to be a sea of Mamils and the
spending power that goes with it.

a trip to the alps, or winter training holiday, and so on!

snips

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com