Old February 9th 04, 10:35 AM
Simon Brooke

Default You have to laugh

"Just zis Guy, you know?" writes:

I was raking over the old Research Report 30 stuff writing a followup
(my questions to the DfT remian unanswered). While I was verifying
the pre-existing pro-helmet stance of the authors (which was easy:
four of them are effectively joined at the hip and have a history of
pro-helmet publications) I came across this gem:

url:http://www.imj.ie/news_detail.php?nNewsId=2518&nVolId=97

Apparently a helmet law for children is right up there with not
allowing children to operate farm machinery in the indicators for a
country which is serious about child safety.

My mother was personally responsible, as a civil servant, for drafting
the legislation which bans children in this country from operating
farm machinery. All her children, without exception, operated farm
machinery during their childhood with her full knowledge and apparent
approval. I learned to drive, age eleven, on an old grey fergie taking
hay bales up to the barn (and reversing a fully loaded trailer of
bales *into* the barn, which was quite a kick at eleven).

;; Friends don't send friends HTML formatted emails.