Old December 7th 03, 02:06 AM
Bartow W. Riggs

Default Performance Bike still SUX

I think it is important to have a personal relationship, especially with
your favorite mechanic. For me, it is "bob" (fake name) he knows me and
when I go in for a quick wheel-true or similar and ask how much I owe, he
usually says something like "just buy something." In contrast, I was
charged $36 for 4 minutes labor when he was not there.

The first is good business sense, the second is greed.

In general I have no complaints about Performance Bike.

Bartow
"Kerry Nikolaisen" f o u r n i k s @ c h a r t e r . n e t wrote in
message ...
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom writes:

Just a follow up to the back order problems I have had with an order
from Performance Bicycle as copied below. snip .... talk with
Chris in Customer service and he said that it is back again on BACK
ORDER. I asked him what kind of company would let there suppliers
screw up their business like that.

Oh, General Motors, Dell, Compaq, IBM, Ford... any company that sells
products can have problems getting supplies. Lots of them in the
Fortune 500. Stuff gets back ordered, especially when there is
competition for those supplies, for a whole lot of reasons.

He was quite silent for a while and I figured he was "Clueless" like
many other companies that don't put their supplier's or vendor's
feet to the fire. Well, I asked for my money back and said I will
never deal with Performance Bike company again - MORE silence on the
phone line..........

He was probably thinking "Promise?" but was being polite.

Pretty disappointing how lousy customer service is in this country
of ours.

And yet most of the rest of us don't seem to have this trouble with
Nashbar. Maybe they just decided to jack *you* around, hey?

Hello... look in the mirror :-)

Good advice.

I fail to understand your cynicism. There is an old saying in the retail
and service industry - "the customer is always right." All it takes is

one
bad experience, and you are tainted possibly for life.

Why bash the customer who has had a bad experience? He is only relaying

his
frustrations to you. That's why great customer service is at the heart of
every successful company - they make it hard to hate them.

Sure, there are always the unreasonable customers, but if you have tried
everything to make them happy, WHILE BEING UPFRONT AND HONEST, it is that
much more difficult to make an enemy.

Personally, I think Saint Dan had every right to be frustrated and ****ed.

Kerry