Old December 7th 03, 06:35 AM
Tom Keats

Default Performance Bike still SUX

In article ,
The Real Bev writes:

All bikes need periodic tinkering.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Still, I bought a used bike several years
ago and 10,000 miles later it's still going strong with no tinkering at
all except for tires and tubes. When I take the rear wheel off I have
to keep tweaking the axle until I finally get it to the position where
it shifts nicely, but that's it. My smallest rear sprocket is starting
to slip, but I figure that's par for the course since it gets the most
use.

You should see some of the puddles (lakes) Claire, Dane, Zoot, Bernie,
Ryan, Fabrizzio et al have to frequently ride thru in what Americans
call the Pacific NorthWest. Humid coastal climates are lubrication
killers. Not to mention wear & tear on brake pads and rims.

So, out of curiosity, just how well-lubed /is/ your BB or headset?

cheers, & no spawled bearings,
Tom