Old September 7th 04, 04:13 AM
Frank

Tom built an 853 road frame and fork for me about 5 years ago. He was very
good about working with me on the size and measurements and we exchanged
many, many e-mails before I made the decision to buy.

Tom sent me CAD drawings of the frame and fork for my final approval before
he started working on it. I discussed with him my concern about the paint
and he offered to sell the frame and fork bare or to paint it for me. I
looked through a Dupont Imron book and chose to have him paint it a metallic
Sherwood Green.

The bike arrived just as ordered and rode and looked great. I rode it for
many miles before selling it (like I seem to do with all of them
eventually!) to a girl whose dad was looking to get her a bike for
Christmas.

As you noted, there are postings about the negative experiences with
Teesdale but mine was positive throughout.

Frank

"Mike C." wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello All,

I'm deciding on whether to have Tom Teesdale custom build a Greenspeed

style
recumbent trike for me or not. I have read some negative postings on this
and other newsgroups about him, mostly about bad paint jobs and poor
customer service.

I'd appreciate some input, both positive and negative, from those of you

who
have purchased stuff from him.

Thanks,
Mike C.

Please remove the NOSPAM from the e-mail address to correspond with me