Old December 7th 19, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default We're from the government. We're here to help you.

On Friday, December 6, 2019 at 3:02:08 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:11:36 PM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:

The default transportation mode is still the car (or more likely, pickup
or SUV). If motor vehicle use is not actively discouraged, that's always
going to be the case.

Do you ever wonder why people call you a fascist, Franki-boy? This is why: your constant urge to force everyone else to your way of seeing things, your constant smug, almost orgasmic, claim of moral superiority. You're not morally superior, you're just a common street corner bully, and a particularly unsophisticated street corner bully at that.

And I can't envision much discouragement of motor
vehicle use in the U.S. in the foreseeable future.

And damn right too. If people want to drive straight to hell in their SUVs, that's their choice and their right, and it is none of the business of cycle enthusiasts to "discourage" them.

What Franki-boy is doing here is admitting that he is too inarticulate and too offensive in his baseless but bottomless self-righteousness to convince anyone that cycling is a better form of transport, and jumping from there to forcing people out of their convenient automobiles so that they are forced onto bicycles instead.

If you don't grasp how that is a vicious perversion of democracy, what would you think if tomorrow morning Franki-boy woke up with a stroke and suddenly decided that cyclists are a menace to drivers and should be "discouraged", for instance by requiring a bicycle license of $10,000pa? The likelihood is that instantly you would agree with every word I said in this poor.

Andre Jute
Read the title of the thread, Franki=boy: "We're from the government. And we're here to help you." It's satirical, even sarcastic. It is not intended as an invitation to control freaks like you.

In California because the police no longer enforce traffic laws save VERY rarely both of my brothers now think that you're expected to move at the speed of traffic no matter WHAT speed it is going at. That law happens to mean that if you have fog or the like that you are required to move at the SLOWER speed of traffic and not the 15+ mph over the speed limit they are pretending it is. You are breaking the speed limit and can be prosecuted for going ONE MPH over the speed limit. That they normally give you a 5 mph cushion doesn't mean that you can drive 5 mph over the limit. It means that your speedo may be inaccurate due to putting oversize tires on your oversize truck.

15 mph over any speed limit - 50 mph in a 35 mph zone - is considered reckless driving yet this is normal procedures today. The speeding ticket added to the reckless driving ticket can put you in the poor house and you have to wonder why the states that are crying poormouth aren't using this income source most especially when it would reduce traffic deaths.

The lack of enforcement of driving laws gives all law enforcement a very bad name and this is why we have a growing number of armed robberies and strong arm robberies that end up with innocent people dying.

If you fail to enforce one law be ready to not enforce a lot of them.