Old January 14th 20, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Eric Pozharski

Default Really, really dumb

with Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/12/2020 10:47 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 21:46:37 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I'm not panicking. But unlike the NRA and its current (as opposed to
historic) members, I don't think it's a good thing to arm millions
of citizens with guns designed specifically for killing other
people. Most of the developed world agrees.

But Frank, every type of firearm invented in the history of the
weapon can be said to be designed for killing people. The modern bolt
action rifle is a descendent of the so called "Needle Rifle"
developed in 1836, and adopted by the Prussian Army in 1841. The
first "lever action" rifle, an American classic, was developed by
Benjamin Tyler Henry. Patented in 1960 it was in the hand of Union
Soldiers by mid 1862.

*SKIP*
You mentioned bows and arrows. But the bows sold in sporting goods
stores near me were never designed with homicide or armed combat in
mind. The AR-15 absolutely was.

Speaking of. Just a week ago a clerk (she wasn't even kind of chief or
somehting) had been nailed to her car with an arrow (crossbow I believe,
I've never seen a bow being sold). Getting permit for firearms is quite
cumbersome here however possible. Go figure -- crossbows don't kill
people.

*CUT*