Old December 8th 07, 03:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
JoeDe

Default Brisbane Bikeways

Hmm
That's what I've been saying all along! There are virtually no bikepaths in
Aus.
They are all shared pathways and in places, dangerous for both walkers and
riders.
This is how it is and don't expect dedicated paths for cyclists only. It
won't happen.

Cyclists & pedestrians have to co exist like motorists and cyclists. Sounds
simple but often the simple things are the hardest to achieve.

JoeDe

"Terry" wrote in message
It really cheezes me off that they want to promote cycling as a way of
reducing congestion on our roads, and at the same time keeping us fit,
well you cannot just enjoy a ride around Brisbane bikeways anymore, it
seems that they are forever doing work and closing bikeways.
I went on a ride yesterday, and around the Riverside Bikeway in the city
it has sections that say "Cyclists must dismount", why, why can't we just
take care on these sections.
I was abused yeterday by some walker saying hey mate can't you read the
signs??

I refuse to ride on the road as its way to dangerous, too many idiots on
the roads that just hate cyclists guts, and are out there to hit you.

I have been all over the world, and its a shame that Austraians can't
respect cyclists like other countries do.

Now with this Northbank project ( at North Quay ) they are talking about,
10 years of construction, its going to close one of Brisbanes busiest, and
favourite bikeway loops.

Its a shame our cycling authorities arn't doing enough for us, they are
pretty slack, I have complained many times, and it seems it they don't
really care about us.