Old January 2nd 11, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Tips on carbon fiber WSD bikes?

On Jan 1, 7:43*pm, "Jean" wrote:
I'm looking to replace my old road bike with a carbon fiber model. My
criteria a women's specific design, comfy for all day riding, smooth
riding, light weight, Shimano 105 components, and preferably a triple crank.

I'm guessing your 'old bike' is getting tough on the hills. There is
an alternative, stop for a picnic.

Via the web, I've checked out the specs and reviews for following bikes:
Cannondale (Synapse Fem 5), Felt (ZW5), Giant (Avail Advanced 2), Trek
(Madrone 3.1WSD), or Specialized (Ruby Elite Apex). I was hoping y'all might
have some insights into these bikes so that I could minimize driving all
over the state (there are no local dealers for most of these brands) to do
the final fit check-out and test ride.

Unless you can get them to agree at their risk, or yours at a nominal
sum, to you having the bike for 24hrs so you can see if rides well all
day, I'd more likely thinnk that the bike you have is very close to
being satisfactory, otherwise it wouldn't be 'old'. New bar tape can
help revive the metal for up to six months.

So here goes. Assuming equally good fit and tire size/psi - Do any of these
bikes stand out as more smooth riding? *Do any of these bikes stand out as
more comfy for all day long cruising? Does anyone have any idea how the
weights compare for the same size bike?

Thanks for any help trying to trim down my list of potential bikes.

Really, the closest is probably the bike you've got, try some spanking
new bar tape.