Old April 16th 21, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default I am that out of date

On 4/16/2021 1:08 PM, Mark cleary wrote:
The local bike shop needs a mechanic they called me about doing some work for them. They knew I could build wheels and repair them and the manger of shop knows me. Well I go in to discuss things and they said most all the work they do is on disk brake bikes. That surprised me although they are a Trek Dealer.

It's amazing how fast disc brakes have taken over, even on road bikes.
Perhaps it's just an effort by manufacturers to get new customers to
avoid buying used rim brake bicycles. You've seen how one poster here is
incredulous that no one is buying his used rim brake Trek for the price
he wants, but the reality is that a use rim brake road bicycle is no
longer desirable by many buyers even though in most cases there's little
benefit to disc brakes on a road bike.