Old April 10th 04, 06:07 PM
Paladin

Default Finally bought a bike - not a Monocog - but I am no longer a depressed sack

(Lobo Tommy) wrote in message om...
Well I called the owners of the LBS and cancelled my order on the
Monocog. Quite simply I couldn't live with myself. I didn't want to
buy a used bike as someone suggested to hold over until it arrived. I
HAD to have a bike NOW. I know - the typical attitude of not waiting.
But after nights of coming home to 50+ degree weather with the sun
out and people riding I always went to bed in a deep depression. Like
I NEEDED to be out there riding too...

I was like a fish out of water...
PS: A note to Redline - you need to do something about your
distribution network. I could have a Trek in any form and in any size
within 1-3 days. I think 4+ weeks for a single speed bike is nuts.
I'd wait 4+ weeks for a Phil Wood ****OFF but not for a Monocog. Over
and out!

To roughly simulate the experience, keep it in the middle ring and 3
or 4 in the back, don't shift, and make sure you lock out any
suspension.

just a thought bein's I'm half an hour away from what I know will be a
grrrreat SS ride.

paladin