Old March 28th 05, 03:49 AM
RonSonic

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:47:31 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:

"Chris Neary" wrote in message
.. .
So Ron, what color shorts do you recommend?

Not red.

May I also argue against silver? My husband had a pair of silver bib shorts.
I did a metric century with him in the rain, and the bike he was riding
didn't have fenders. A great deal of muddy water got kicked up on to the
rear of his shorts. Not only did the silver fabric turn transparent, but the
mud looked like...well...it was not a pretty picture.

There was a photo in the cycling press of a pro team wearing white shorts in the
rain demonstrating exactly that phenomenon. Tragically the photo was taken from
a motorcycle following the team.

Whatever are they thinking when they make decisions like that. I can understand
an amateur not thinking it through; and sponsors might design such a kit without
considering everything, but team managers know they race in the rain and they
know what happens.

Oh well.

Ron