Old March 3rd 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick L Plate

Default Wrong wrong wrong.... (ON topic)

On 3 Mar, 00:02, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:51:51 -0800 (PST),

It's easy to be dazzled by the "big" difference between two bare
wheelsets and forget how small it is compared to the difference
between the wheelsets with tires, bicycle, and rider attached.

I expect that it's a nice bike and fun to ride, but I suspect that
most of the climbing and acceleration difference being felt is
imaginary.

A spot of brasso and a good polish with a chamois will give all the
dazzle neede. It does b^77*~ all for ease of climbing.
A good wheel build is not visually obvious until you know how to see.

TJ