Old August 11th 05, 12:36 AM
max

Default Effect on Cycling of Radio Ablation for SI Joint

"Correcting the dysfunction" is what I'd like to do. I've attempted to
treat this for years (pt, chiropracty, and osteopathy.) The last
helped the most but no longer. MRI shows calcified superior ventral SI
ligament, and a bony structure arising from the ligament, bridging the
joint. Osteopath says the joint is imobile on that side. I wouldn't
expect prolotherapy to work as it treats hypermobile joints. Excision
of the bridging structure even if it would work (physiatrist is
doubtful) is a risky procedure requiring major surgery, which doctors
seem unwilling to do without trying other modalities first.

I've found a study which seems to show no better results that a placebo
for ablation of the SI joint. I don't see any treatment obtions, and
just trying RF ablation because nothing else is available doesn't seem
so smart either. Stull, I was hoping maybe it had helped someone.....