Old November 19th 10, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

Default Phoney Checks

It would be very difficult to find better riding weather than there's been
for the last month or so. Too bad I can't ride anymore since the medicine
I'm taking makes me dizzy and screws up my balance.

While advertising my bike for sale on one of the lists some nutjob sent me a
check for twice the amount I was asking and figured I'd be too stupid to
know it was a fake.

Be aware that people can easily fake Cashier's Checks these days and never
turn over anything BEFORE the bank accepts your check and it HAS GONE
THROUGH.

Since I was in retail sales I've always understood that but some people
don't.