Old October 10th 11, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
James[_8_]

Default Going to be my latest purchase.

landotter wrote:
On Oct 9, 4:08 pm, James wrote:
Harry Brogan wrote:
I'll be heading down to pick bike up the first of the week. I was
wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this ride or if
some people had any suggestions as to what additions might be needed.
I mean suggestions besides the usual lighting and safety suggestions.
THANKS GUYS!!!!! ((and Gals))
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes.../transport/tra...

Lights, if you want to ride at night or in poor weather.

Pump, tool kit, spare inner tubes and/or puncture repair kit.

I like shoes designed for riding, so clipless pedals. Probably double
sided SPD, or SPD one side and platform the other. It's a personal
preference decision.

Again with the personal preference, I'd want handle bars that offer
various hand positions. Drop bars are the ticket. Fitting the controls
from that bike to drop bars might prove a challenge.

Trekking bars offer tons of hand positions and use strong and
inexpensive mtb components. Using drop bars on utility bikes is a
strange affectation.

BTW, dropbars on a MTB is not strange to everyone..

http://twentynineinches.com/2010/05/...-and-concerns/

And what is a "utility bike"? Something to do the shopping with?
Carrying stuff on racks? A touring bike is not much different, yet
those in the touring club I used to ride with all used dropbars.

--
JS.