Old April 28th 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Chains

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:06:39 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

John B. wrote:

It is the external width of a 9S chain,
all brands.

Are you saying that Shimano may be selling
a 9 speed chain that doesn't fit?

I'm saying that's all the data I have on
9S chains. "All brands" includes Shimano,
assuming the information is correct that is.
Check with a calipers or a micrometer...

What does it say on the boxes, for the HG 53
and HG 93, except for the
Deore/Tiagra/Ultegra/XT stuff?

It says that it is a 9 speed chain :-)

Oh, c'mon now! Even on the boxes to my single
speed standard bike chains it says,
e.g., Ventura 1/2x1/8" 112L, that it comes with
a master link, a side plate and a retaining
clip, and more...

I Don't understand why you keep asking for information that is
unnecessary. Shimano markets a 9 speed chain, in two different models,
and have for years and years, and the chains have, over the years, fit
well and worked well with the Shimano 9 speed system.
Why do you require more information.

Are you the sort of person that demands his new bicycle come complete
with a placard that states it has two wheels?
--
Cheers,

John B.