Old November 7th 16, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B Slocomb

Default AG: Auto Cars

On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 22:50:23 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I happened to walk through the living room during an enthusiastic
description of an autonomous car, and overheard the line "It's best on
a crowded road or straight-line driving on a deserted road."

Exactly what one would expect: if you can't have the road all to
yourself, the next-best thing is a road so crowded that nobody can do
anything you don't expect.

In terms of safety, that is. I don't *like* constant noise. But
Center Street is more relaxing than energetically communicating with
every car that overtakes me on Pierceton Road.

But for a pleasant ride, I'll take Crystal Lake. Next Wednesday, I
plan to ride CR N 175 E. Pity I have to go through Sprawlmart to get
to it.

Or I could take Old 15, but getting to *that* involves a stretch of SR
15.

There was an article in the news last week. Singapore has been testing
the self driven autos for some time and it was reported that one of
the test vehicles had hit a taxi. No details.