Old September 17th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cas

Default do police stations still sell recovered bikes? 2nd hand bikes

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article
Maurice Wibblington pimple@arse/met wrote:
snip
I was surprised to see how few local to me on ebay.

Old bikes don't seem to sell well on eBay - I've seen a few starting at
under a fiver that would have made great commuters or winter hacks but
didn't get any bids. It's probably just as well that they weren't near
me, or I'd have a few more bikes that don't get ridden enough.

Here in the Poole area the police sell them off through a local auctioneer
room in a general sale every 6x months or so ,there is often some good
cycles there.Also if you go to your local tip its' surprising what is thrown
away ,they usually keep the good ones aside for resale ,have a look....cas