Old March 30th 18, 09:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Self driving accident

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:02:55 -0400, Duane
wrote:

On 23/03/2018 11:24 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/23/2018 7:14 AM, Andy wrote:
But will the jury believe that. ?

A jury of its peers being six each of Alexa and Siri?

Brings up a good question though. With a self driving car, will the
passengers be liable in cases like this? Maybe just the passenger that
was in the "driver's" seat?

We have enough problems with distracted drivers. I am not looking
forward to having to worry about whether the driver has been hacked by
the russians or is rebooting for maintenance...

I believe that in the U.S. the practice is to sue the guy with the big
bucks. So unless it is someone like Bill Gates driving you will
probably go for the vehicle manufacturer or the city that provides the
roadway :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.