Old July 28th 05, 01:53 PM
David Damerell

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

Quoting Jasper Janssen :
[Tandem rear brakes and self-energisers]
You still don't want to *lock* the wheel, though. Especially as recovering
from a slide might be harder with two people acting on instinct.

Actually, it's not a big deal, provided your stoker is level-headed enough
not to scream and wave their arms around. I'm not saying it's a problem if
they do; I don't know, because mine doesn't. The bike's pretty stable in a
rear wheel skid - of course if you were cornering sharply you'd be a bit
boned, but that's just as true on a single.

Also it is quite difficult to get wheel-locking performance out of any
tandem rear brake - just as well, given the effect on tyres when you do.
--
David Damerell flcl?
Today is Second Oneiros, July.