Old February 8th 18, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On 07/02/18 20:23, sms wrote:
On 2/6/2018 8:48 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 10:52:50 -0800, sms
wrote:

My wife's Lezyne Deca 1500XXL stopped taking a charge, at all. Taking it
apart, I saw that the batteries were made in July 2015. Not too good for
it to stop working that soon. These lights don't have user-replaceable
batteries, but by removing two screws I was able to open it, and the
battery pack does have a connector on it so at least they didn't solder
it directly to the printed circuit board.

I don't see a problem.Â* If your wife used the light every day for
about 2 years, that would be 730 charge cycles.Â* That's about the
correct lifetime for a 60% DoD (depth of discharge).Â* See table 2:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Just adding to this, a lot of people don't realise LiIon batteries die
without doing anything to them. In other words, you can't just simply
count recharge cycles if they are infrequent.

https://batteryworkshop.msfc.nasa.go...att_KBugga.pdf