Old September 25th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pinky

Default CTC error

"wafflycat" wrote in message
The CTC has made an unwise move, I think.

According to the copy of Cycle which arrived this morning, Jon Snow is the
new CTC president, having been invited to take the role once Phil Liggett
steps down.

This will be Jon Snow, the newsreader, who back in February on 'Richard &
Judy' (13th February 2006) admitted he tells people not to take up cycling
as "it's too dangerous out there" and that cyclists should be kept
separate from traffic on separate facilities, so promoting the erroneous
view that cycling is inherently dangerous. How long is it going to take
before this comes back and bites the CTC in its organisational backside
when the media picks up on how the CTC has a president who thinks cyclists
should be kept off the roads, yet at the same time supporting Daniel
Cadden, a CTC member who was fined for cycling on the road. Mixed messages
from the CTC, anyone?

I feel like handing in my CTC membership in disgust.

Cheers, helen s

--

~~

SUPPORT THE CYCLISTS DEFENCE FUND
http://www.cyclistsdefencefund.org.uk/

~~
to send reply email - you may need to remove dependence
on fame & fortune from organisation
to get correct email address
~Noodliness is Good~