Old December 24th 17, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights[_2_]

Default Standards; always room for one more!

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 5:12:27 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
[non team player comments removed]

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/12/20...up-against-26/

[sarcasm removed]

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

My 2000 Litespeed Obed 26" hardtail that was leading edge when new and still goes anywhere that its rider's level of skill (or lack thereof) can take it, rebuilt the Marzocchi Bomber front fork shocks a few years ago and just replaced the FSA bottom bracket that lasted 17 years before coughing up a bearing, and if the bike can't do it, its the rider, not the bike or the tire.
Same as my 2006 Giant TCR road bike and three sets of wheels must be obsolete because they don't have disc brakes, and the TT bike that was on Discovery Teams Blue Train in the 06 and 07 TDF needs replacing now because I'm losing 20 seconds on a 40k due to not having the brake calipers recessed, and my '92 Schwinn Paramount is too flexy compared to modern day carbon except how does your butt feel after 50 miles of backroad assfault on real steel compared to current carbon... but yes you can get a "tuned" carbon frame that might feel like the Paramount for only $2995 just for the bare frame except that I have to buy a new BB30 style bottom bracket instead of my old bulletproof Phil Wood, and now they're telling us grayhairs that all that's useless anyway because we must get an e-bike to make up for the 1% per year about age 40 that we're supposed to be slower by....
disclaimer: now here comes the free plug:
Safety equipment is the only area where its worth upgrading older items. Can anyone argue that an Oculus saves lives where older bike lights, and even what else is on the market today, still can't light up the road or trail as well?