Old April 2nd 14, 02:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
news13

Default Southern cross drive accident

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:44:19 +1100, James wrote:

And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a bike/car
collision, and (situation dependent) less likely besides.

Though I've bounced off a few cars over the last 25+years of riding,
I've only ever damaged myself landing on the road.

I know of several folks who have been seriously injured while riding on
bicycle tracks, including a fatality.

I don't think bike paths are as safe as you believe.

Especially if they are not maintained. Neighbour came a cropper on a sand
patch on the M7 bikepath. It wasn't the sand that was the problem, but
the steel motor vehicle strength guard rails that were the problem. Years
convelessing and he'll never get back to "normal".

Caveat his regular pack training ride.