Old April 17th 15, 04:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Chris Baird[_3_]

Default Thinking of building a touring trailer: looking for parts

http://www.bikeforums.net/living-car...itch-rack.html

Looks like a pain to remove when getting flat.. In 2004 I rode a
petrol-motor assisted bike on a 2 week trip, and having to undo and
reassemble everything on the side of the road, in Summer, every time I
got a flat, made me conclude that 'Rotary' motors were not a good choice
for touring.

My currently half-built trailer project has Nitto air-compressor
fittings for the hitch, an idea I got from
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bicy...-hose-couplin/
What it might lack in apparently durability, I'm expecting it'll make up
for in simplicity/repairibility/parts-availability.

Sadly, no, no access to a welder and no knowledge of how to use one.
As for plans for building a trailer, I did see some plans for
building one using a bamboo frame.

For my trailer's frame, I'm hoping to do a design where hose-clamps
could be used for repair in even the worst senario. Sam Mitchell, the
18yo who self-built a solar-powered trike and rode it around the island,
had constant issues with his welds breaking, so I'm thinking anything
welded is to be avoided.

--
Chris