Old February 5th 07, 04:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default More proof from MV that hiking & mt biking are similar

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:53:21 -0800, SMS
wrote:

S Curtiss wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
So much for mountain biking promoting health! Such BS....

Mike

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/latest...ountain_biker:

Near-miss for top NZ mountain biker
Posted at 3:06pm on 30 Jan 2007

Top New Zealand mountain biker Vanessa Quin escaped being paralysed
after breaking her neck in a fall during the national championships in
Nelson at the weekend.

Wow! Hiking and Mountain biking are so similar! Thanks MV!

Hiker apparently killed by fall on Big Island identified
Advertiser Staff

Big Island police today identified the man who apparently fell to his death

snip

It really is in poor taste to lower yourself to Vandeman's level by
trying to use an accident to make an argument.

The fact is that both activities can be dangerous.

I prefer to concentrate on the environmental aspects of activities, and
everyone agrees that mountain biking is no more damaging to the
environment than hiking.

You know that's a bald-faced lie.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande