Old January 3rd 11, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default When did tires get so expensive?

I was out on a ride today with the spousal unit and two child units, and
daughter-unit blew a tire. I did a temporary fix with two (2) dollar
bills and proceeded to a nearby Performance Bike Shop. Got her a Ritchey
Tom Slick 26" x 1.4" which was $18 (less an 11% off promotion they were
having, so it was about $16). It's been a while since I bought a tire on
the spur of the moment, and was kind of surprised that the prices are so
high. On the Performance web site they have the Panaracer Urban Max for
$20, but while the picture shows 26" x 1.75" the drop down menu shows
26" x 1.25".