Old April 18th 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default vintage trek bb question

On Apr 17, 11:18*pm, Anne Onime wrote:
Have '85 or thereabouts trek 400 project w/68mm bb & 125mm
rear spacing and would like to apply a used shimano 600
crankset that I picked up on Ebay. The crankset carries
FC-6400 via Japan markings as well as RK and 30. *The
existing crank is a Sakae, which needs replacement and I no
longer have the original bb. LBS sold a me a Sugino bb-sg
75 that carries markings 1.37x24t "track standard finish"
68-109, which positions the inner ring pretty much in full
contact with the chainstay.

Why they sell to you track bb for use with double crank?
Maybe they think you to make singlespeed.
You need like 113mm spindle, not 109mm they sell.
Pick up shimano un54 for 25$.

X2

Nothing exotic needed. UN54 or suitable FSA facsimile if you want a
metal NDS cup.