Old February 17th 08, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Harvest[_2_]

Default Anyone used Kinetics as a supplier?

x-no-archive:Peter Clinch wrote:

I'll second the point about reminders. Ben is getting a bit crap in
this department, to the point where I now get stuff I can get elsewhere
elsewhere if it's an easy option and I need it in a hurry, so Brompton
spares now come from Biketrax, for example.

He used to have another person in the shop, but I don't think he does
now, which could be part of the problem. But badger him on a regular
basis and you should get it, and don't worry about badgering him (he
might start realising he needs to get someone in to do the mail orders,
aside from anything else!). Don't badger him and it could take forever,
so it is in your interests.

On the plus side, after 2 weeks of constant reminders for a D-Lumtoec
Oval Senso Plus he not only shipped it to me, but forgot to charge
me... And the shop is worth a visit in person because of the excellent
range of machinery he's happy for you to play on.

I can understand his reluctance to employee someone, given the
bureaucracy involved these days. He might be advised to increase his
prices significantly, say by 25%, so that his quantity sold would be
lower, allowing him to give his customers an adequate service without
impacting his profits.