Old June 11th 19, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default BB standard

On 11/6/19 1:40 pm, jbeattie wrote:

BBs have gotten more attention than any other frame component in the
last 10-15 years. https://wheelsmfg.com/bb-standards Too much
attention. They should have gotten less attention. And before we
changed the shells, we had to cycle through ISIS and Octalink. I
think we hit the pinnacle with Shimano $16 outboard bearings in a
threaded BB with a Hollowtec crank.
https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-BB...Eg rQYdKwAN1A
Or a Campy equivalent if you're into Italiano.

Campagnolo UltraTorque BB & crank design is *the* pinnacle of
development as far as I am concerned. If there was never another BB
assy, I would be happy to use the UT design ad infinitum.

--
JS