Old July 28th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
jerry in vermont

Default Top Ten Landis Excuses - Letterman

Old Boy wrote:
The presence of what the International Cycling Union described as "an
unusual level" of the drug does not bode well for Landis, but what
everyone is forgetting is that he cannot be judged guilty of cheating
until the second of two urine samples has been tested.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index....ID=2&subID=775

Roger Zoul wrote:
jerry in vermont wrote:

:: thinks pro cycling ****ing sucks.

I'm quickly coming to agree with this.....

My point is that no sticker on his privates is gonna turn him into this
roided out machine who can rip 7 minutes out of the whole field.

MAYBE a blood doping routine could.

Bottom line is he let his legs do the talking, and to belittle that by
saying, oh, well, he took nanograms of tes the night before, that
explains it, is STUPID.

If he doped, he should be kicked out on his ass. If he admitted to
doing tes the night or days before the stage 17 victory, THAT WOULD NOT
CHANGE THE NATURE OF THAT RIDE.

I dont see how, biologically, it COULD.

He got the time cause he ****ing attacked with 130ks to go and the
field let him. If they had chased earlier, they probably would have
gotten him. its not like it was a 200k TT and he took 7 minutes out of
the next best guy. It was a ****ing road race and if people dont get
that, they are watching the wrong sport already.

Man, this whole mess is ****ING ME OFF. WTF, i just want to watch
****ing bike racing WTF.

We were better off in the Lemond years when we didnt know.