Old November 22nd 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

Default long neck?

Spudman;1135659 wrote:
Bending moment increases proportionally with the length of the lever
arm, so it makes perfect sense that the frames break at the crown. If
you have a longneck frame, the odds of it breaking near the seatpost
clamp are even lower. The new KH frames have a butted seat tube, so it
will be interesting to see where they break (although I can guarantee it
won't be anywhere near the seatpost clamp, unless you're doing some
really weird things to your unicycle).

It was just a thought anyways. I figured if you only have like a 5 inch
seat post , and you land very hard on your seats front handle, why
couldnt it happen? its possible. I can see it braking near the crown
also, though, but not on the welds.

--
SHAY_CAM

*UNICYCLE FOR _YOURSELF._ *