Old February 9th 05, 11:09 PM
Graham

I don't mean to be too cynical, but...

There does seem to be a general move toward courses for everything - of
course I'm in danger of being "why when I was a boy", but isn't this the
sort of stuff we use to know about at the age of 13? (by doing) ..........

Sorry, but there does seem to be a philosophy of we need a course for
everything currently being promulgated.

Graham

"David Green" wrote in message
Places are still available on the following evening class:

'Bicycle Maintenance 2' (intermediate tasks)
5x2 hour evening classes, 7-9pm
First session 7 pm Tuesday 22 February 2005
venue: Coleridge Community College, Radegund Road, Cambridge CB1 3RJ
Cost: £31 (concessions available)

Full details
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~davidwgreen/bike_maint_2_eves_info.pdf

This course builds on the basics and concentrates on other, less-everyday
bike maintenance topics, such as;

-freewheel removal
-using a chain tool & chain cleaning
-servicing hub bearings
-removing pedals
-headset servicing

The emphasis is on building your confidence to look after important areas
of your bike that usually require attention once or twice a year. This is
a practical course where you work on your own bike. You should expect to
get your hands dirty, and to have a lot of fun! By the end of the course,
you will have enough knowledge and confidence to be able to do your own
annual bike servicing.

Enrolments: contact LifeLong Learning office 01223 712340 asap.