Old August 15th 17, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclists say the funniest things

On 15/08/2017 15:22, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/08/17 14:56, JNugent wrote:
On 15/08/2017 09:49, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/08/17 23:17, JNugent wrote:

That is because someone else did it whilst I was busy with other
things.

I missed that. Please repeat.

I can't do that because I don't still have it here (in Thunderbird,
read posts are automatically deleted on leaving the NG).

So we have a partial explanation for your amnesia. It is possible to
recover by refreshing from the server, and to change your settings to
keep messages on your pc for (for instance) 30 days to reduce memory
loss in future. You then just hide read messages to reduce screen
clutter and unhide to to refer back. Also, so that you can remember what
you have written, to keep copies of what you sent in the sent folder.

Would you like instruction on this?

No thanks.

I do remember that someone (maybe Mr Cheerful) chipped in with the
legislation which allows local authorities and/or the police to close a
highway. So you have been told.

But of course, as we all know, because you and others have advised us so
many times, those rules probably don't apply to cyclists.

In fact, it isn't at all clear that any rules apply to cyclists, is it?