Old November 13th 11, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

Default Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:34:46 -0000, Mr. Benn wrote:

"Simon Weaseltemper" wrote in message

On 12/11/2011 15:13, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://road.cc/content/news/25728-ca...eration-passer

This is actually quite comical.

“Police in Cambridge issued ten fixed penalty notices last week in a
crackdown against cyclists riding the wrong way up a one-way street last
Thursday, but were unaware that further up the street, a woman was
warning other bike riders of the operation.”

“police say that they would have arrested the woman for obstruction had
they known what she was doing.”(!)

So, someone is telling cyclists that if they ride up a one-way street
they are liable to get a ticket, and the police want to arrest her. This
sounds totally bizarre. It means stopping someone from committing an
offence, is an offence, because the police cannot issue a ticket.

Talk about the police having their bubble burst.

Drivers do this all the time when there is a speed trap, drivers coming
the other way flash their lights ferociously as a warning to others.
What a bunch of ******s the police have become.

Why, because they are enforcing the law?

One of the nonsensical laws.

Say I see someone about to commit a murder, and stop them from doing so, would the police arrest me?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!