Old March 4th 14, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

I was very clear that you are entitled to risk only your own neck

... not others. Stop willfully misrepresenting what I said.

Edward Dolan wrote:

You have already told me that you engage in high risk sports.
I have already told you how stupid I think that is.

And you're entitled to your viewpoint. I am similarly entitled to disagree and completely ignore you. It's really nothing to do with you.

I will not feel any sympathy for you when you end up paralyzed from the neck down like that other idiot Christopher Reeves (Superman).

The fact is that mountain bikers are constantly breaking the
law. Why? Because it is no fun to ride sedately on a trail. They are into taking
risks just like you are. That is why I call them and you merchants of death.

And your point is what ? That some sections of the populace want to experience riskier activities ? No **** sherlock ! There are hormonal changes in the body, including the reduction in testosterone, that predispose older men to becoming more risk averse. So, true, for large sections of the population a gentle ramble through the woods is not likely to trigger much dopamine nor nor-adrenaline. However, were that not the case human development would have stalled a long time ago; risk taking behaviour is, provided not taken to excess, a good thing.

Take your god damn ****ing risk taking (mountain biking) anywhere except on my sacred trails!

By the way, your true home is an amusement park featuring scary rides. There you can get your adrenalin rush and still be safe.

Your "freedom of choice" ethos is a dagger planted squarely at the heart of
unsuspecting victims.

Well, the alternative is fascism (or nanny stateism). Adults are entitled to risk their own necks.

Stupid is as stupid does. Anyone who risks their necks for a thrill is not an adult. Such an idiot is a juvenile.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by
hikers - unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like
everyone else.

Stop ranting ... it doesn't get any more convincing for multiple repeats.

Repetition is at the heart of all learning.

When they crash and injury themselves, I rejoice! If and when
they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to
mountain bikers!

Sociopath. (And you might want to look at your grammar too ... it should be crash and injure)

Spelling mistakes are always due to typos. The fact is that I can’t type worth a damn. My spell check can **** me up too.

Better to be a sociopath who at least wants people to live out their natural lives than a merchant of death like you who knowingly leads cyclists to their deaths by promoting mountain biking on hiking trails.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great