Old October 31st 14, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B. Slocomb

Default Our wildlands are not outdoor gymnasiums or amusement parks.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:08:47 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

Blackblade considered Wed, 29 Oct 2014
04:39:22 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

Yes, we're doing different ... RECREATIONS ! Unless and
until you can show that you NEED to be there this is axiomatically the
case. Nature doesn't need you to appreciate it ... in fact, your
appreciation creates erosion and disturbs nature ... you WANT to go
there for
your own purposes.

Not all recreations are equal. Until this sinks into your bog

of a brain, we are at an impasse.

I have never said they are all equal. The impasse is
because, despite your inability to prove it in any objective way, you insist on
asserting that hiking is axiomatically a better recreation. It isn't ...
that's just your opinion.

I am asserting that they are different, so different in fact
that they can't be done on the same trails.

Indeed you are asserting it ... but you've never proved it because it's not the case. There are thousands of shared trails which work fine. Not all, but most. Your definition of 'not working' includes the fact of a bike simply being there so, axiomatically, your opinion of difference is extreme.

You
disturb and destroy what I am doing just as a motorcyclist would
disturb and
destroy what you are doing, although he is also doing what you
are
doing -
engaging in a sport - but on a different level.

I agree that, in your case, there is a degree of
conflict.

So, we need to find a compromise. As I've already said, I'm not
at all

averse to having some hiker only trails and some biker only
trails.

However, what I am vehemently against is your attempt to annexe the
entire

trails network for your recreation only.

Bikers will have to get their own trails. That is the only

compromise I am willing to make. There can be no sharing of trails.
Walkers and

morons on wheels do not mix.

No, some trails will be shared and some will be hiker or
biker only as suits local conditions. I don't care what compromises you
are willing, or not willing, to make; your opinion counts for nothing because
you are an extremist and I only ever negotiate with reasonable people.

You only negotiate with people who are willing to meet you
half way, even when half way is the wrong way. If it is simply a matter of
opinions, then I AM asserting that my opinion is infinitely superior to yours
and should be given preference due to its sanity and reasonableness.
Checkmate!

As drooling (along with his false idol vandal man) has shown himself
repeatedly to be neither sane or reasonable, it is indeed checkmate.
He's lost.

On the other hand, his fantasy has resulted in him having someone
(Blackblade) to talk with. Without his constant bemoaning the use of
"trails" by multiple types of users he would be totally alone.
--
Cheers,

John B.